HOUGHTON, N.Y. — The Keuka College Cross Country teams opened their 2018 season at the Houghton College Highlander Short Course Twilight Cross Country Invitational on Friday night.
Keuka College posted a sixth place finish in the men's race and the women's team finished in seventh place
Women's Race – 4K
Lead Wolf: Freshman Kaylie DeSorbo led Keuka College in her first collegiate race. DeSorbo finished in 47th place, running the 4K course in 18:31.7.
Rest of the Pack: 60. Paige Raulli, 19:43.6
62. Kara Kowalski, 19:48.9
65. Aubrey O'Connor, 20:00.9
66. Genevieve Giarrusso, 20:07.3
69. Bayli Fugle, 20:31.1
71. Bethany Pendl, 20:47.2
75. Paige Wagner, 21:24.9
81. Lauren Tyler, 22:01.5
82. Kaitlin Snipas, 22:05.1
83. Emily Demko, 22:22.0
87. Rebekah Herman, 24:34.0
Men's Race – 5K
Lead Wolf: Senior Mack Ottens led Keuka College, running the 5K course in 17:17.4, finishing in 32nd place. Ottens set a new career-best 5K time, shaving over a minute and a half off his time from last year at the Twilight Invitational.
Rest of the Pack: 45. Logan Holthouse, 17:50.9
69. Lachlan McIntosh, 19:33.5
78. Preston Hilfiker, 20:42.3
80. Brian Craig, 20:56.1
84. Colin Marchincin, 22:21.4
91. Joshua Kenna, 24:48.6
92. Michael Guller, 24:59.6
93. Christopher Loucks, 25:35.5
- It was the first race for Keuka College Cross Country under the direction of new head coach Kyle Dacey
- Joining DeSorbo, it was also the first collegiate race for Kaitlin Snipas, Rebekah Herman, Logan Holthouse, Lachlan McIntosh, Preston Hilfiker, Joshua Kenna, and Christopher Loucks
- Bayli Fugle set a new career-best time in the 4K for the Wolves
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return to action next weekend as they will run in the Bruce Bridgeman Invitational. The race will be hosted by Finger Lakes Community College and run at the Newark Campus of FLCC.