WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Keuka College Women's Volleyball team swept their match against Pitt.-Greensburg on Friday in the Guetle Invitational at Catholic University.
Keuka College 3 vs. Pitt.-Greensburg 0 – 25-16, 25-19, 25-19
The Bobcats jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the first set, but the Wolves responded with five straight to take the lead. Keuka College would play with the lead for the rest of the set. A block by Abby Anderson and Erika Shepard ended the first with the Wolves taking it 25-16.
Keuka College had their best set of the day in the second. The Wolves totaled 17 kills in the frame and held the Bobcats to just five. Keuka ended the second set on kills by Anderson and Shepard for the 25-19 win and a 2-0 lead in the match.
Pitt.-Greensburg led early in the third set, however, a four-point run at 10-11 gave Keuka College a 14-11 lead. A lead that they would not surrender. The Green and Gold continued onto the 25-19 third set victory, sweeping the match.
- Friday was the first ever meeting between Keuka College and Pitt.-Greensburg
- The Wolves posted a season-high 59 digs in the match
- Ericka Carlson set a new career-high as she led the Wolves with 14 digs
- Grace Allen and Abby Anderson each had a season-high in kills
- Allen also posted her first double-double of the season as she added 10 digs to her kill total
- 27 assists by Delaney Yorks set a new career-high
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold will conclude the Guetle Invitational on Saturday. Keuka College will open the day with an 11am match against Wesley College. The Wolves will then close the day and the tournament with a match against the host Catholic University Cardinals at 1pm.