KEUKA PARAK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Women's Volleyball team downed visiting St. Elizabeth in straight sets on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference match.
Keuka College (5-12, 3-2 NEAC) was led by Lauren Moelbert with 11 kills in the win. Meg Calhoun added eight kills and Alyssa Rex finished with 29 assists. The defensive efforts were led by libero Emily Cottrell with nine digs.
Keuka College 3 (25, 25, 25) vs. St. Elizabeth 0 (11, 11, 17)
Keuka College used a large run the first set on the serve of Lauren Moelbert in the first set to grow a 14-4 lead. Their lead grew to 15 points, 21-6, on their way to the 25-11 first set victory.
The Green and Gold once again used runs to grow their lead over the Eagles in the second set. Keuka scored seven of the final eight points in the second set to win it 25-11 and take a 2-0 lead in the match.
In the third set, the Wolves pushed a 15-5 lead to start the set. The Green and Gold remained in control for the entire match as they won the third set 25-17, winning the match 3-0.
- Keuka College improves to 9-0 against St. Elizabeth all-time
- The Wolves have swept the Eagles in eight of their nine meetings
- Junior Lauren Moelbert has surpassed 100 kills in a season for the third straight season
- The Wolves had 40 kills in the match, the most in any three set match this season and third most overall
- Keuka posted a season-best .349 hitting percentage against St. Elizabeth
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves have a week off before traveling to Lancaster, Pa. for a North Eastern Athletic Conference crossover next weekend. The Wolves will face the hosts, Lancaster Bible College, as well as Penn St.-Berks next Saturday.