KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Soccer team defeated Lancaster Bible College 5-0 on Sunday at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game.
Keuka College 5 vs. Lancaster Bible College 0
The Green and Gold went ahead early with a goal in the seventh minute. Emily McGuigan created space in the box and let a shot go. Her initial attempt was stopped, but Cassidy Walsh was there to hit in the rebound for the 1-0 lead. A minute later, two Charger defenders collided and lost the ball at the top of the box. Julia Oglesby was there to collect the ball and hit it home for the 2-0 advantage. The lead continued to grow in the 26th minute as Emily McGuigan beat the keeper for the 3-0 lead. The goal for McGuigan broke the school record for most points in a career. The Wolves led 3-0 at halftime.
Lancaster Bible College had multiple attempts in the early stages of the second, but none truly threatened Jessica Pegg in goal. The Wolves added to their lead in the 64th as Lydia Hall streaked down the right flank. She crossed the ball into the box and found the head of Julia Oglesby at the near post for the 4-0 lead. Fallon Morris capped the scoring in the 81st minute as she took a pass from Morgan Fuller and scored as the Wolves defeated the Chargers 5-0 on Sunday.
Cassidy Walsh opens the scoring for Keuka
Julia Oglesby doubles the lead a minute later
Emily McGuigan scores to break the career points mark
Oglesby heads home her second off of the Lydia Hall cross
- Despite the win, Lancaster Bible College remains ahead in the all-time series 3-6
- The Wolves are now unbeaten in 20 straight North Eastern Athletic Conference games
- The three points by Emily McGuigan gives her 141 in her career, passing the previous record of 139 set by Nicole Bondellio '08 and Nicole Sharick '13
- Morgan Fuller has now recorded an assist in five straight games
- The win was the 30th of the career for Head Coach Jessica Shufelt. She passed Tim Moody for fifth on the career wins list for the Keuka College Women's Soccer team
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will play their final non-conference game of the season on Tuesday as Keuka College hosts Elmira College under the lights at 7pm at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex. It will be the first meeting between the future conference opponents since 2011.