AURORA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Soccer team netted six goals on Tuesday to defeat hosts Wells College 6-0 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference Match.
Keuka College 6 at Wells College 0
Keuka College wasted no time getting the opening goal. The Green and Gold struck just 79 seconds into the contest as Emily McGuigan passed from the top of the box to the left side, finding Morgan Fuller for the goal. The Wolves extended their lead in the 30th minute as Renee Vito passed from midfield, finding McGuigan at the edge of the box. The junior slotted the ball away for the 2-0 halftime lead.
Much like the first half, Keuka College scored quickly in the second. 106 seconds into the second period, Emily McGuigan dribbled through two defenders and beat the keeper for the 3-0 lead. Some fancy passing helped add to Keuka's lead in the 51st minute as Vera Freda found Kelsey Maurer for the goal. Just 35 seconds after that, Freda set up another goal as her pass up the right side found Julia Oglesby. The freshman finished with her left to give the Wolves a 5-0 advantage. Oglesby capped the scoring in the 79th minute as Keuka College defeated Wells College 6-0.
- Keuka College remains undefeated against Wells College. Dating back to 1985, Keuka is 21-0 against Wells
- The Wolves have not allowed a goal to the Express since the 2014 season
- It was the first multi-assist game of Vera Freda's career
- Julia Oglesby and Morgan Fuller each netted their first career goals
- Emily McGuigan now has 39 goals in her 41 game career
- McGuigan's five-point game gives her 93 in her career, passing Donna Maltagliati '05 for fifth most in program history
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will return home this Saturday as a part of Green and Gold Celebration Weekend on campus. Keuka College will host SUNY Cobleskill at 1pm on Saturday at the Jephson Community Athletics Center.