CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – The Keuka College Women's Soccer team defeated Cazenovia College 2-1 on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division game.
Keuka College 2 at Cazenovia College 1
Keuka College controlled the play on Saturday, but it was Cazenovia striking first. The Wildcats got a goal in the 33rd minute on one of their two shots in the half. Keuka College had 14 shots in the half, but they were not able to break through as the game went to halftime with Cazenovia leading 1-0.
The Wolves continued to possess the ball and control the play in the second half. The Green and Gold had a 13-4 advantage in shots. Keuka College would draw the game level in the 74th minute as Emily McGuigan found the back of the net. As the clock wound down, McGuigan netted the game-winner with 1:08 left to play as Keuka College defeated Cazenovia College 2-1 on Saturday.
- Keuka College improves to 23-1-2 all-time against Cazenovia College
- The Wolves extend their unbeaten streak against the Wildcats to six matches
- Keuka College had a 27-6 advantage in shots
- The Wildcats did not attempt a corner kick in the game
- It was the fourth multi-goal game of the season for Emily McGuigan and tenth of her career
- Emily McGuigan moves into a tie for eighth on the Keuka College Career Goals list with Mel Sheehan (1994-97). McGuigan now has 34 goals in her career
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves finishes the regular season as the #2 seed in the North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division. The Wolves will host the #3 seeded Penn College Wildcats on Tuesday evening. The time is still to be announced. Penn College defeated the Wolves in Keuka Park earlier in October by the score of 2-1.