KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Women's Soccer team defeated Wells College at home on Wednesday by the score of 4-0.
Keuka College 4 vs. Wells College 0
The Wolves controlled the play from the start on Wednesday night. The Green and Gold opened the scoring early as Kelsey Maurer found the back of the net in the 4th minute for the 1-0 lead. Later on in the first half, Maurer doubled up the lead. Brooke Guernsey redirected a ball at the left post to Maurer who scored for the Wolves. Keuka College held onto the 2-0 lead into halftime.
Keuka College continued to maintain possession in the second half and dictate play. In the 75th minute, a cross by Emily McGuigan was flicked on by Amy Sedita. That ball found the foot of Caitlyn Lloyd who finished it for a 3-0 lead. McGuigan topped the scoring with eight minutes left to play with her 13th goal of the year as Keuka College continued onto the 4-0 victory over Wells College.
- Keuka College maintains its perfect record against Wells College. The Wolves are 19-0 against the Express
- Keuka has not allowed a goal by Wells College since the 2014 season
- Emily McGuigan broke a tie and moved into sole possession on 9th place on the Keuka College Career Goals list with 32. Next up is Mel Sheehan (1994-97) with 34 career goals
- McGuigan also moves into the top 10 and takes 9th on the career points list with 77
- It was Maurer's eighth goal of the season and second multi-goal game of her career
- Keuka College out-shot Wells College 33-2
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves travel to Cazenovia, N.Y. to take on the Wildcats in the final game of the regular season on Saturday. The Green and Gold are unbeaten in five straight matches against the Wildcats. Overall, Keuka College has a 22-1-2 record against Cazenovia College.