MORRISVILLE, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team lost 21-16 to SUNY Poly on Saturday in the North Eastern Athletic Conference Semi-Finals at Morrisville State.
#3 SUNY Poly 21 vs. #2 Keuka College 16 – NEAC Semi-Finals
The Wildcats won the opening draw and scored 13 seconds into the game on Saturday for the lead. Keuka college responded as Kendall Neuberger found the back of the net minutes later. The two teams traded goals as the game was tied 2-2 four minutes in. SUNY Poly would go on a run as the Wildcats scored six of the next seven goals to build an 8-3 lead. The lead was upped to six goals at 11-5 with five minutes left in the half. Keuka College scored three straight with Vera Freda, Madelaine Taylor, and Sara Beresovoy all scoring for the Wolves. SUNY Poly added a late tally before halftime and led 12-8 at the break.
SUNY Poly extended their lead to 17-9, outscoring Keuka 5-1 over the first 12 minutes of the second half. Keuka College began to come back. The Wolves got back-to-back goals from Sydney Bloom and Brenna Voigt. After a Wildcat goal, tallies by Voigt, Freda, and Neuberger shrunk the game to four goals, 18-14 with nine minutes left to play. However, that would be as close as Keuka would make it as SUNY Poly would continue onto the 21-16 victory.
- Keuka College falls to 7-2 all-time against SUNY Poly
- The Wolves are now 14-5 in the NEAC Tournament
- Keuka finishes the season with a school record 334 goals, averaging 20.88 a game
- Madelaine Taylor scored two goals for the Wolves against the Wildcats as she finished her freshman season with 62 goals, fourth best in program history
- With two goals and an assist, Brenna Voigt posted 86 points during the season, fourth most in program history
- Kendall Neuberger's five-point game pushed her past Taylor Smith on the career points list. Neuberger finished her career with 239 total points, second-most in Keuka College history