ABINGTON, Pa. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team set a new single-game record in defeating Penn St.-Abington 27-3 on Friday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game.
The 27 goals set a new record for Keuka College (13-1, 7-1 NEAC), topping the previous record of 26 that the Wolves reached three times earlier this season. Madelaine Taylor led the way with six goals. Kendall Neuberger was right behind her with five goals, but it was Sydney Bloom who led the team in points. The freshman had nine total points with three goals and six assists.
Kekua College 27 at Penn St.-Abington 3
Keuka College took the early lead as Madelaine Taylor and Sydney Bloom opened the scoring for the Wolves. Penn St.-Abington got on the board five minutes in to make it 2-1, but the Wolves went on a run. The Green and Gold scored the next 11 goals as Keuka College opened up a 13-1 lead. After the Nittany Lions snapped the run, Kendall Neuberger and Madelaine Taylor each scored as the Wolves led 15-2 at the half.
The second half started much like the first where the Wolves scored the first two goal and then Penn St.-Abington scored five minutes into the frame. However, it would be the final goal of the game for the Nittany Lions. Keuka scored the 10 goals of the game with Julianne Wilkinson scoring the record-setting goal as the Wolves defeated the Nittany Lions 27-3 on Friday.
- Keuka College improves to 10-1 all-time, winning all six meetings at Penn St.-Abington
- The Wolves tied last season's team as well as the 2013 and 2015 teams with 13 wins on the season, second-most in program history
- Keuka College has now set the single-season record for goals, assists, points, and draw controls
- The nine points by Bloom are a career-high. The freshman moves to fourth on the single-season assists list with 31 this year
- Elizabeth Sherman set a new Keuka College record with 18 draw controls on Friday. That gives the senior 308 in her career, setting a new Keuka College career record
- Head Coach Eryn McCaffrey-Jacobs won the 33rd North Eastern Athletic Conference game of her career, most in program history
Up Next for Keuka College: Keuka College will close the 2019 regular season on the road on Saturday as Keuka College plays at Lancaster Bible College against the Chargers at 1pm.