KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — Keuka College senior Kendall Neuberger set a new single-game scoring record with nine goals as the Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team defeated Alfred University 26-1 on Tuesday.
Neuberger added an assists for a 10-point game to lead Keuka College (6-0). Madelaine Taylor added a career-best six goals for the Wolves. Sydney Bloom and Brenna Voigt each added hat tricks in the win.
Keuka College 26 vs. Alfred University 1
The Wolves scored first as Madelaine Taylor found the back of the net 32 seconds into the game on Tuesday for the 1-0 lead. The Saxons tied the game less than a minute later, but the rest would be all Keuka. The Wolves regained the lead 41 seconds after the Alfred goal as Vanessa Tsarevich set up Kendall Neuberger for the goal. The Green and Gold would go on to add 15 more goals for a 17-1 halftime lead.
Keuka College controlled the play throughout, not allowing a shot to Alfred in the second half. Six different Wolves totaled nine goals in the second half, including the first of the season by Jamie DeBoover, as Keuka College continued onto the 26-1 victory.
- Keuka College improves to 8-3 all-time against Alfred University
- Tuesday was just the third time in the 11-game series that the Wolves and the Saxons have played at Keuka College
- 26 goals for Keuka tied the record for goals in a game, set last week against Hollins University
- The Wolves are the nation's top scoring offense with 137 goals through six games. That is already good for tenth on the single season scoring list in the Keuka College Women's Lacrosse Record Book
- Seniors Taylor Alway, Danielle Chidsey, and Kendall Neuberger all played in their 50th career game
- Vera Freda finished with a goal and a career-best four assists to surpass 100 points in her career. The junior also moved onto the top ten list for career assists at Keuka College
- With setting the single-game record, Kendall Neuberger passed Sydney Forshay for fourth on the career goals list
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves closed the non-conference portion of their schedule a perfect 6-0. Keuka College will open North Eastern Athletic Conference play this weekend with a pair of home games at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex. The Wolves open the weekend against Hilbert College. Keuka College will then host Medaille College on Sunday. The Mavericks were the lone team to beat Keuka College last season.