KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team remained undefeated with a 25-1 victory over Southern Vermont College on Friday afternoon at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College 25 vs. Southern Vermont College 1
Vanessa Tsarevich opened the scoring for the Wolves as she scored a pair of goals to give Keuka a 2-0 lead three minutes in. The Green and Gold pushed their lead to double-digits with 17 minutes left in the half. The Mountaineers scored with five minutes to go in the first, but Madelaine Taylor and Kendall Neuberger closed the half with goals as the Wolves led 16-1 at the break.
In the second half, the Wolves outshot the Mountaineers 19-3. The Green and Gold scored nine goals, including tallies by Caitlin Loving, Taylor Alway, Julianne Wilkinson, Skylar Revette, and Jillian Iacovissi, all collegiate firsts, as the Wolves defeated Southern Vermont 25-1 on Friday.
- Friday was the first ever game between Keuka College and Southern Vermont
- Dating back to last season, Keuka College has won 10 straight home games, tying for the second-best run in program history
- 25 goals scored tied for the most in a single game in program history. The +24 goal differential was the best in a game in Keuka College history
- Kendall Neuberger had a career-high 14 draw controls for the Wolves. Overall, Keuka College had a 25-1 advantage in draw controls
- 25 draw controls tied the single-game record at Keuka
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return to action next week on the road. Keuka College will go to Virginia on a spring break trip. The Green and Gold will play at Hollins University on Wednesday, March 20 and then play at Southern Virginia University on Thursday, March 21.