BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team lost on Saturday at Medaille College by the score of 14-13 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game.
Medaille College 14 vs. Keuka College 13
The Mavericks jumped out to a 5-1 lead on the Wolves on Monday. The Green and Gold would later go on a three-goal run to narrow the margin to two, 7-5, with minutes left to play. A pair of the tallies came on free position shots by Voigt. Medaille College scored with 12 seconds left in the half to lead 8-5 at the break.
Keuka College came out firing in the second half. Vera Freda (kicked off the scoring 39 seconds into the half. That would start a run of five unanswered goals for the Wolves to give Keuka College a 10-8 lead. The Mavericks answered with three of their own to regain the lead at 11-10. The two teams would trade goals for the remainder of the half. Kendall Neuberger scored with 3:43 left to tie the game at 13-13. Medaille College would get a goal, however, with 1:22 left and the Mavericks would hang on for the 14-13 victory on Saturday.
- The loss was the first of the season for Keuka College
- Keuka College is now 13-5 all-time against Medaille. Four of the five losses have come on the road against the Mavericks
- The loss snapped the Wolves' 12-game winning streak, the second longest in school history
- The Wolves had five free position goals against the Mavericks. The 2018 Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team set a new school record with 55 free position goals this season
- Kendall Neuberger now has 52 goals this season, tying for fourth most in school history
Up Next for Keuka College: The seedings and matchups for the 2018 North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament will be released this weekend. Keuka College finished the season with an 8-1 record in the NEAC, tying Medaille College and Morrisville State for first place in the conference.