KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team won their tenth straight game on Wednesday, defeating Wells College 18-9 at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College (10-0, 6-0 NEAC) was led by an eight-point game by Kendall Neuberger. The junior finished with five goals and three assists. Brenna Voigt had a career-high seven points with five goals and two assists. Vera Freda added three goals in the win.
Keuka College 18 vs. Wells College 9
Keuka College got out to a fast start, scoring five goals in the opening five minutes of play on Wednesday. Wells College answered with four straight goals to cut the margin to one, 5-4. The first half proved to be played in runs as the Wolves had an answer. The Green and Gold scored five unanswered with Kendall Neuberger and Brenna Voigt each scoring a pair during the run. Keuka led 10-4 at the half.
The Wolves netted the first three of the second half as they outscored the Express 8-0 over 20 minutes of action going back to the first half. The Express snapped the run, but Keuka responded with four straight to lead 17-5. The 12-goal lead would be the largest of the game for Keuka. Wells outscored Keuka 4-1 over the final 10 minutes of play, but the game was in hand as Keuka College continued onto the 18-9 North Eastern Athletic Conference victory.
- The Wolves improve to 17-1 against Wells College
- With the win, Keuka College has clinched a berth in the North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament
- Keuka College is 10-0 to start the season for the first time in program history
- Kendall Neuberger became just the seventh player to surpass 100 career goals for Keuka College
- Ally Thayer made 11 saves in goal to earn the win. It was her seventh win of season, setting a new personal-best for the junior
- Jade Haumann tied for the team-lead with three caused turnovers in the game, giving her 15 on the season, setting a new career-best
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold close their home stand on Sunday, April 22 against Lancaster Bible College. Keuka College will look to exact revenge on the Chargers as Lancaster has defeated the Wolves in each of the last two seasons. It will also be Parents' and Senior Day for Keuka College with a special pregame ceremony starting around 12:30pm.