KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team defeated Cazenovia College 16-5 on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College 16 vs. Cazenovia College 5
Keuka College struck first, scoring 19 seconds into the game. Cazenovia College would tie it but the Wolves had a response. Keuka College scored eight straight as they took control of the game. Abigail Wood accounted for four of Keuka's eight goals during the run. Cazenovia College snapped the run by Vanessa Tsarevich scored with 14 seconds left as Keuka led 10-2 at the half.
The two teams traded goals in the opening 10 minutes of the second half. The Wolves pushed their lead to 10 goals at 14-4 following a Vanessa Tsarevich free-position goal with six minutes left in the game. Cazenovia answered with a goal, but the Wolves added two goals in the final minutes on their way to the 16-5 victory.
- Keuka College snapped a three-game losing streak to Cazenovia College
- The Wolves are now 14-5 all-time against Cazenovia
- Keuka started the season on an eight-game winning streak, fourth longest in school history
- Elizabeth Sherman had a game-high six draw controls for Keuka. Sherman passes Kaycee Maguire for third on the single-season draw control list. Sherman leads the team with 64 this season
- Ally Thayer made five saves in goal to earn the win. It was the 17th win in the junior's career, moving into second on the career wins list
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves host Morrisville State on Sunday in a meeting of undefeated North Eastern Athletic Conference teams. Keuka College is 9-7 all-time against the Mustangs, but Morrisville State has won the last three meetings.