HOUGHTON, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team defeated Houghton College 17-13 in a non-conference game at Houghton on Tuesday night.
Keuka College 17 at Houghton College 13
The Highlanders scored the first goal of the game, but the Wolves responded. Keuka College would score the next seven goals to take a commanding 7-1 lead on Tuesday. Houghton College answered with four straight goals over the next six minutes. Keuka snapped the run and the teams traded goals as the game went to halftime with Keuka College leading 9-6.
Keuka College took advantage of an early yellow card to score the first goal of the second half. Houghton had an answer and cut the lead to two, 11-9, with 16 minutes left in the contest. The Wolves attacked, scoring six unanswered goals to lead 17-9. Houghton attempted a late comeback, scoring four goals over the last nine minutes, but it was not enough as Keuka College moved to 7-0 with a 17-13 victory.
- Keuka College levels the all-time series with Houghton College at 1-1
- The Wolves are 3-0 against teams from the Empire 8 Conference, defeating Elmira College, Alfred University, and Houghton College during their non-conference slate
- The four goals scored by MaKayla Mesec was a career-high for the freshman
- Janelle Thomas made 11 saves in goal for Keuka, setting a new career high
- Both Tsarevich and Voigt added two assists to their goal total for six total points against the Highlanders
- Kendall Neuberger passed Olivia Hudson '15 for ninth place on the career points list at Kekua College. The junior has totaled 126 points in her three seasons at Keuka College
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves enter a big North Eastern Athletic Conference weekend at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex. Keuka College hosts Cazenovia College at 3pm on Saturday and then host Morrisville State at 1pm on Sunday. The Wildcats and the Mustangs both made it to the NEAC Championship Game last season.