BRYN ATHYN, Pa. — For the second time this week, Kendall Neuberger tied the Keuka College record with eight goals in a game as the Wolves defeated Penn St.-Abington 18-14 at Bryn Athyn College on Sunday.
Keuka College 18 vs. Penn St.-Abington 14
Keuka College jumped out to and early lead over Penn St.-Abington. The Nittany Lions used a three and four-goal run during the half to tie and take the lead. The Wolves would respond to tie the game at 9-9 at the half.
Penn St.-Abington took a 10-9 lead minutes into the second, but Vera Freda tied it up. That started a 3-0 run for Keuka with Neuberger and Tsarevich adding tallies. After Abington cut the margin to one, 12-11, Vera Freda went on a personal three-goal run to extend the Keuka College lead. The Wolves outscored the Nittany Lions 3-1 in the final ten minutes to secure the 18-14 North Eastern Athletic Conference victory.
- The Wolves improve to 8-1 all-time against Penn St.-Abington
- The five-game winning streak to start the season for Keuka College ties for the sixth best in program history
- Three of Vera Freda's four goals came on free position shots. Neuberger tallied two free position goals. They both now have 14 in their career, tying for seventh on the all-time list
- The Wolves had eight free position goals in the game, tying for second most in a game in program history
- Elizabeth Sherman set a new personal best with 13 draw controls
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves now enter a two-week break before their next game. Keuka College will return to the field on Sunday, April 8, playing at SUNY Poly. The Wolves defeated the Wildcats 14-12 last season and are 5-1 against SUNY Poly all-time.