VOORHEESVILLE, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Golf team finished seventh at the 2019 Northeast Women's Golf Conference Championship over the weekend.
The Wolves opened with a 443 as a team on Saturday at Colonie Country Club. Keuka College then shaved 14 strokes off of their score but was unable to move up in the standings after shooting a 429 on Sunday.
Northeast Women's Golf Conference Championship – Par 72
Lead Wolf: Paige Wagner led the Green and Gold shooting the low round for the Wolves on both days. Wagner opened the tournament with a 101. She followed that with a 96 in round two to finish with a 197, tying for 21st place. The 197 tied the career-low for Wagner in a two-round tournament.
Rest of the Pack: 32. Madison Kittle – 109-104—213, +69
t34. Kaitlyn Romeo – 112-109—221, +77
38. Shannon Marcy – 121-120—241, +97
- It was the second time that Keuka College competed in the NWGC Championship. The Wolves finished in fifth place last spring
- Wagner set a new career-best score to par with her +53 over the weekend
- Madison Kittle, Shannon Marcy, and Kaitlyn Romeo each set new career-lows for a two-round tournament. Romeo had the best improvement, taking 17 strokes off of her previous best
- With the two rounds played, Shannon Marcy now has played 17 in her career, moving to fourth on the career list
- The 872 and +296 as a team ranks as the eighth best team performance be Keuka College in a two-round tournament in program history
Up Next for Keuka College: The conference championship closed the fall season for the Keuka College Women's Golf team. The Wolves will return to the course in April to continue their season.