KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team lost on Wednesday night to SUNY Poly in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division matchup by the score of 73-48.
SUNY Poly 73 at Keuka College 48
The Wildcats took an early 8-0 lead over the Wolves, but Keuka settled into the game. Sam Laranjo had five of Keuka's nine in the first quarter with her last coming with 4:30 left in the frame. SUNY Poly would score seven unanswered to close the quarter to lead 19-9 after the first.
Laranjo drained a three on the opening possession in the second as Keuka looked to erase the deficit. The Wolves would narrow the margin, but never be able to overtake the lead. The Green and Gold rallied, however, as Ameila Poole hit a three in the final seconds to send the game into halftime tied 27-27.
The Wildcats came out of halftime firing. SUNY Poly opened the second half with 18 unanswered points to take a lead. Lexi Appleby ended the drought with a basket with 2:30 left in the quarter, but the lead would be too much. SUNY Poly outscored Keuka 24-7 in the third and led 51-34.
SUNY Poly saw the game out in the fourth. The Wildcats outscored the Wolves 22-14 as SUNY Poly defeated Keuka College 73-48 on Wednesday.
- The Wolves are now 19-14 all-time against the Wildcats
- Keuka College tied their season-high with nine threes made in the game. On the season, the Wolves have 111 made, breaking into the top ten in the program record books
- Arianna DeNault led Keuka with six assists. The senior passed Janelle Tauzel for eighth on the career assists list at Keuka
- Lexi Appleby had six points and six rebounds for the Wolves, setting a new career-high in rebounding
- Both Sam Laranjo and Riley Record surpassed 200 points for the season
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves are back on the road this weekend as Keuka College travels to Pennsylvania to face Penn St.-Harrisburg. It will be the first meeting between the Wolves and Nittany Lions since Harrisburg left the North Eastern Athletic Conference following the 2012-13 season.