KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team lost to Morrisville State 77-45 on Wednesday night at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
Keuka College (7-8, 3-5 NEAC) was led by Meaghan McGwin with a career-high 14 points.
Morrisville State 77 at Keuka College 45
The Mustangs came out firing against the Wolves. Morrisville State made their first three three-pointers as the Mustangs took the lead. In total, Morrisville State shot 6-8 from deep in the opening quarter and led 26-15 after ten minutes.
Meaghan McGwin scored on the first possession for the Wolves, but Morrisville State went on a run. The Mustangs scored 16 unanswered to build a 42-17 lead. McGwin ended the run six minutes later with a layup, assisted by Arianna DeNault. Morrisville State shot 11-16 from deep in the first half as the Mustangs led 45-26 at the break.
The second half followed the pattern of the first. Morrisville did now shy away in the third as the Mustangs outscored the Wolves 23-8 in the frame. The Green and Gold would outscore the Mustangs 11-9 in the fourth but Keuka would fall to Morrisville State 77-45 on Wednesday.
- The loss snapped Keuka's five-game winning streak against Morrisville State. The Wolves remain ahead in the all-time series 15-8
- It was the most points allowed by Keuka and largest loss in the 23-game series with Morrisville
- Arianna DeNault had a team-high four assists on Wednesday, giving her 226 in her career. DeNault past Tessa Pozzi for ninth on the career list at Keuka College
- Sam Laranjo broke a tie for seventh and moved into a tie for sixth on the career steals list at Keuka
- Brooke Overton and Lexi Appleby each scored six for the Green and Gold, setting new career-highs
Up Next for Keuka College: On Saturday, Keuka College will look for revenge as they host the SUNY Cobleskill Fighting Tigers. The Wolves lost at Cobleskill 61-53 earlier this season. Tipoff between the Wolves and Fighting Tigers will follow the men's game on Saturday, around 3pm.