BROCKPORT, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team lost in the championship game of the Brockport Tip-off Tournament to the host Golden Eagles 59-38 on Saturday afternoon.
College at Brockport 59 vs. Keuka College 38
The Wolves and Golden Eagles were tied early, but a three by Brockport put the hosts ahead four minutes in. Brockport would not relinquish the lead in the quarter. The Green and Gold cut the margin to one multiple times, but a late layup by Brockport gave the hosts the 16-13 lead after the first.
Brockport opened the second quarter with eight straight points before Sydney Bloom drained a three for the Wolves. The Golden Eagles responded with a 7-0 run and would go on to carry a 35-22 lead into halftime.
The College at Brockport took control of the game in the third quarter. The Golden Eagles pushed their lead to 20 points midway through the quarter. Killian Mahoney hit a three to spark a 5-2 stretch to close the frame, but Brockport carried a 51-31 lead into the final quarter.
Both teams were cold from the floor in the fourth, combining for 6-25 and 1-6 from three. Brockport outscored the Wolves 8-7 in the fourth to seal the 59-38 victory.
- With the loss, Keuka College is now 6-5 all-time against the College at Brockport
- The two teams routinely met in the Chase Tournament during the mid-2000s. Saturday was just the third time the two teams faced each other at Brockport. Keuka was 2-0 in the previous two meetings
- It was the first time since December 2015 that the Wolves scored less than 40 points
- The Golden Eagles used their size to their advantage. Brockport was +11 in rebounds and held a 38-14 advantage in points in the paint
- Sam Laranjo was named to the all-tournament team for the Brockport Tip-off Tournament
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves have a week off to prepare for their next game. The Green and Gold will travel to Buffalo, N.Y. to face D'Youville College next Saturday. In a series that first started in 1984, Keuka College is 28-7 all-time against the Spartans.