KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team defeated Wells College 67-28 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center on Wednesday.
Keuka College (18-5, 13-2) was led in scoring by Riley Record with 14 points. Jariah Johnson added 12 points. The offense flowed through guard Sam Laranjo as the junior finished with eight assists in the win.
Keuka College 67 vs. Wells College 28
After an opening free throw by the Express, Keuka College scored seven straight to take the lead in the first quarter. Keuka College shot 46% from the floor while holding Wells to just 14%. After the opening 10 minutes, Keuka led 16-5.
The Green and Gold continued to attack in the second. The Wolves outscored the Express 12-0 over the final seven minutes of the half to lead 34-9 at the break.
The Keuka College offense continued to flow in the third. The Wolves hit half of their shots, going 7-14 from the floor. Riley Record capped the quarter with a three at the buzzer to give the Wolves a 55-17 lead.
Keuka College closed it out in the fourth to defeat Wells College 67-28.
- Keuka College has now won four straight against the Express and are 18-5 all-time against Wells
- The 28 points allowed was the fewest allowed by Keuka in the 23-game series
- It was the 39th career victory for Head Coach Gary Broadhurst, tying Jim Crowley for sixth-most in program history
- Lauren Anten had seven rebounds and seven points in the game. The senior surpassed 500 rebounds in her career
- Brianna Legacy scored her 200th point of the season and Riley Record reached 300 career points in the win
Up Next for Keuka College: Saturday will close the regular season for the Keuka College Women's Basketball team. The Wolves will host Morrisville State at 1pm at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center. Prior to the game will be the annual Parents' and Senior Day Celebration, thanking the families of this year's team as well as the graduating Class of 2019.