MORRISVILLE, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team scored the first 18 points of the game on their way to an 80-57 road North Eastern Athletic Conference victory at Morrisville State on Wednesday night.
Keuka College (11-3, 6-0 NEAC) was led with 21 points by Lauren Anten. The senior went 5-8 from deep and a perfect 3-3 from inside the arc for the Wolves. Both Jariah Johnson and Sarah Tyler posted double-doubles for Keuka. Both had 13 points. Johnson had 13 rebounds for the Wolves while Tyler finished with 11 boards.
Keuka College 80 at Morrisville State 57
Keuka College attacked early and often on Wednesday night as the Wolves stormed out to an 18-0 lead against the Mustangs. Keuka was paced by senior Lauren Anten who went 4-5 from three-point range in the opening run. The Mustangs got on the board with 3:41 left in the quarter, but Brianna Legacy quickly answered with a three for the Wolves. Keuka College led 23-5 after the first 10 minutes of play.
Morrisville State scored the first seven points of the second quarter to cut in the Keuka College lead, but the Wolves responded with a pair of baskets. The Wolves would make a late run, pushing the lead to 19 points. The Green and Gold took a 42-25 lead into the locker rooms at halftime.
The Wolves quickly pushed their lead to 20 points in the third quarter. The Mustangs hit three triples in the frame to stay in the game, but Keuka College responded with strong play in the paint. The two teams each scored 15 points in the frame and the Wolves took a 57-40 lead into the final quarter.
The Green and Gold would maintain their advantage and see it grow in the fourth. Keuka outscored Morrisville 23-17 in the fourth as the Wolves remained undefeated in NEAC play, winning 80-57 on Wednesday.
- The Wolves won their fourth straight against the Mustangs, improving to 14-7 all-time
- The 80 points by the Wolves was the most ever by either team in the 21-game series
- It was the first time since November 2014 that two players recorded double-doubles for the Keuka College Women's Basketball team. It was the first career double-double for Sarah Tyler and the sixth of the season for Jariah Johnson
- The Wolves controlled the paint, outrebounding Morrisville State 55-21. Keuka College had more offensive rebounds, 24, than the Mustangs had total rebounds
- In total, Keuka College have five players score in double figures with Brianna Legacy scoring 13 and Anna Hoover finishing with a career-high 10 points
- Sam Laranjo had a strong game at the point for the Wolves. The junior had eight assists in the game. Overall, Keuka College assisted on 24 of their 33 made baskets
- The win was the 32 of the career of Head Coach Gary Broadhurst. He passed Sarah (Gaffney) Mathews, for whom he served as assistant coach, for seventh on the career wins list at Keuka College
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold will remain on the road this Saturday for another contest against a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division foe. The Wolves will travel to SUNY Cobleskill to face the Fighting Tigers at 1pm. Keuka College swept the season series last season.