KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team lost on Tuesday at home to St. John Fisher College 64-57 at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
St. John Fisher College 64 at Keuka College 57
In a tight first quarter, Keuka College used quality defense to build a lead over St. John Fisher. The Cardinals shot just 28.6% from the floor while the Wolves shot 55.6%. The Green and Gold led 13-10 after the first quarter.
St. John Fisher knocked down an early three to tie the game. Keuka College went on a 9-0 run to answer and build a lead, capped by a three by Lauren Anten. The Cardinals answered but Keuka maintained a 30-24 lead at the half.
The Cardinals used the long ball in the third quarter to comeback in the game. St. John Fisher went 6-8 from deep in the quarter as they outscored the Wolves 22-16 in the frame, tying the game at 46-46 going to the final quarter.
The hot shooting for St. John Fisher College continued in the fourth quarter as they went 53.3% from the floor. At the other end, The Wolves struggled offensively, going 4-15 in the fourth. The Cardinals took the lead and held on to defeat Keuka College 64-57 on Tuesday.
- Keuka College falls to 2-31 all-time against St. John Fisher College. The Cardinals have won the last 27 meetings
- The loss also snapped a two-game winning streak in home openers for the Wolves. In their last 10 openers, the Wolves are now 7-3
- Lauren Anten had seven field goals in the game, giving her 405 in her career, passing Danielle Gravel for seventh in program history
- Sam Laranjo passed Sue Roarke for sixth on the career assists list. The junior now has 264 in her career at Keuka College
- Jariah Johnson led the Wolves with 12 rebounds in the game
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will remain at home and against an Empire 8 opponent on Thursday as Keuka College hosts Nazareth College at 7pm. The Green and Gold upended the Golden Flyers 61-51 at Nazareth College last season.