MARCY, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team defeated Gallaudet University 94-72 to advance to the North Eastern Athletic Conference Championship Game on Sunday.
Keuka College (20-5) was led by Sam Laranjo with 17 points. The sophomore guard also had a game-high eight assists. Also in double figures for the Wolves was Amanda Wood with 12 points and Brianna Legacy with 10 points.
Keuka College 94 vs. Gallaudet University 72 – NEAC Semi-Finals
Keuka College jumped out to an early lead, but the Bison responded Gallaudet would take a 10-9 advantage. A three by Riley Record gave the Wolves the lead back at 12-10 with three minutes left in the first quarter. Gallaudet tied the game at 12-12, but Sam Laranjo knocked down a three to make it 15-12. Keuka College would lead at the end of the first quarter 17-14.
The Wolves opened the second quarter with a 14-0 run to take control of the game. It was the best defensive quarter for Keuka as well, holding Gallaudet to just three field goals and 17% from the floor. The Wolves outscored the Bison 26-8 in the quarter and led 43-22 at the half.
Keuka College continued to push the offense in the third quarter. The Wolves scored 29 points in the frame as they continued to grow the lead. Keuka College would lead by as many as 28 in the quarter and led 72-45 going to the final quarter.
The Wolves gained their largest lead of the game, 33 points, on a layup by Amanda Wood. Keuka College would continue onto the 94-72 victory.
- Keuka College won their eighth straight against Gallaudet University. Keuka is 8-2 all-time in the series
- Sunday will be the 10th NEAC Championship game in program history
- Keuka College shot 53% from the floor and held Gallaudet to 30%
- The Wolves had 23 assists in the game
- Both Sam Laranjo and Brianna Legacy recorded career-highs in scoring
- It was the most points ever scored in a North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament game in program history. Keuka is now 24-7 all-time in the NEAC Tournament
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will play for a berth in the NCAA Tournament on Sunday. Keuka College will face tournament hosts SUNY Poly at 2pm in the NEAC Championship game. The Wildcats defeated the Wolves in both of their regular season meetings this season.