WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team defeated Penn College 70-35 on Wednesday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division game.
Reighly Melochick tied for the Keuka College (17-5, 12-3 NEAC) lead in scoring with nine points. All nine came from beyond the arc as Melochick broke the single-season three-point record with 64 threes made this season. She passed Brittany Schrock who hit 63 threes in the 2009-10 season.
Keuka College 70 at Penn College 35
The Wolves put the game away early, opening the contest with a 15-0 run. In the run was a pair of three-pointers by Reighly Melochick, tying the single season threes record at Keuka College. The Green and Gold held Penn College without a basket for the first 5:30 of the game. Keuka led 19-6 after the first.
Most of the scoring for the Wolves in the second quarter came in runs. Keuka College had a 10-point and a nine-point run in the frame. It total, the Wolves outscored the Wildcats 21-11 in the second and led 40-17 at the half.
The Green and Gold shot a game-high 53.8% in the third quarter and held Penn College to just 16.7%. Keuka outscored Penn 17-7 in the third and then followed that with a 13-11 fourth quarter as Keuka College continued onto the 70-35 victory.
- Keuka College is 4-1 all-time against Penn College
- The Wolves have won four straight against the Wildcats
- Wednesday was the seventh straight win for the Wolves
- Overall as a team, Keuka College went 8-20 from deep. This season, Keuka College has 151 three pointers, passing the 2013-14 team for third most in school history
- Amanda Wood led the defensive effort with three blocks in the game. On the season, Keuka College passed the 2001-02 team with 102 blocks, third most in program history
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold will conclude the regular season on Saturday at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center. Keuka College will host Cazenovia College at 3pm. The Wolves defeated the Wildcats 82-55 earlier this season behind 16 points from Sam Laranjo.