KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team defeated Bryn Athyn College 64-43 on Sunday at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
Keuka College (15-5, 10-3 NEAC) was led in scoring by Lauren Anten with 12 points. Freshman Riley Record scored 10 points. Reighly Melochick was a perfect 3-3 from three for nine points and Arianna DeNault went 4-4 from the field for nine points as well.
Keuka College 64 vs. Bryn Athyn College 43
Bryn Athyn held an early lead over the Wolves on Sunday, but Keuka College came back in the opening quarter. They had six steals in the frame and turned seven Lions turnovers into seven Wolves points. Keuka College led 16-11 after the first.
The Wolves stepped up the defensive pressure in the second. Keuka held Bryn Athyn College without a point for the first nine minutes of the quarter. A free throw by Bryn Athyn snapped the slide, but Keuka College scored 16 during that span to grow their lead. Bryn Athyn was held without a field goal in the quarter as the Wolves led 32-13 at the half.
The defensive effort continued for the Wolves as Keuka held the Lions scoreless for the first 3:25 of the second half. Overall, the Green and Gold held Bryn Athyn College without a field goal for 14:33, spanning back to the first quarter. The Wolves carried a 49-25 lead into the final quarter.
Both teams shot 46% from the field in the final quarter as Keuka College continued onto the 64-43 victory over the Lions on Sunday.
- Keuka College snaps a two-game losing streak to Bryn Athyn College. The Wolves are 2-2 all-time against the Lions.
- Keuka College has 15 wins on the season, the most since the 2012-13 season
- Arianna DeNault set a new career-high with nine points
- The Wolves held the Lions to just 29% from the field
- Three threes by Melochick gives her 56 on the season, breaking a tie with Danielle Gravel for second place. Melochick sits seven behind Brittany Schrock who hit 63 three-pointers in the 2009-10 season
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return to action next weekend, hosting SUNY Cobleskill in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division matchup. Keuka College defeated SUNY Cobleskill on the road 79-51 back in December.