KEUKA PARK, N.Y. —Amanda Wood record the first double-double of the season for Keuka College as the Wolves defeated Wilson College 85-54 on Saturday.
The freshman had 14 points and 11 rebounds for Keuka College (14-5, 9-3 NEAC), both career-highs. The Green and Gold were led in scoring by Riley Record. Record scored a career-high 17 points in leading the Wolves.
Keuka College 85 vs. Wilson College 54
The Wolves controlled the paint and capitalized on turnovers early. They outscored the Phoenix 12-4 in the paint, generating eight points off turnovers. Keuka College led 23-15 after the first quarter.
The Green and Gold continued to play well in the second. Riley Record led with eight points in the frame, tying her career-high of 12 points by halftime. Keuka College outscored Wilson College 20-13 in the frame and led 43-28 at the break.
Keuka College played their best defensive quarter of the game in the third. They held the Phoenix to just 23% from the field in the frame, forcing seven turnovers. At the other end of the floor, a layup by Sam Laranjo in the final seconds gave the Wolves a 24-point lead, 61-37, going into the fourth quarter.
Keuka closed it out, scoring a game-high 24 points in the final frame. Jariah Johnson scored nine points in the quarter from the Wolves as Keuka College secured the 85-54 North Eastern Athletic Conference victory.
- Keuka College remains perfect against the Phoenix, winning all 15 of their meetings
- 14 wins by Keuka College ties last year's team with four games still to play
- Keuka College was +20 in rebounding margin and turned 25 Wilson turnovers into 30 points
- Riley Record and Amanda Wood each set a new career-high in scoring
- Wood's career-high 11 rebounds gave her the first double-double of the season for Keuka College
- The reserves played a large role in the game on Saturday as Keuka College's bench out-scored Wilson College's bench 49-5
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will face Bryn Athyn College on Sunday afternoon to conclude the weekend against NEAC South opponents. Last season, the Lions defeated the Wolves 65-59. Overall, Bryn Athyn has won two straight against Keuka College after the Wolves took the first ever meeting between the two schools in 2015.