CAZENOVIA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team led 29-7 after the first quarter and did not look back as they defeated Cazenovia College 82-55 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division contest.
Keuka College 82 at Cazenovia College 55
The Wolves came out flying on Saturday afternoon, taking a 13-3 lead just three minutes into the game. That lead would grow to 21-3 halfway through the quarter. Keuka College went 13-16 from the field in the frame while Cazenovia College was just 1-15. Keuka led 29-7 after the first.
The Green and Gold looked to put it away in the second quarter. The Wolves shot 42% from the field and held Cazenovia to just 2-11 in the quarter. However, the Wildcats went 10-10 from the line to stay in the game. Despite the free throw shooting of Cazenovia, Keuka College remained ahead 47-22 at the half.
Keuka College remained in control for the duration of the game. The two teams matched each other with 19 points apiece in the third quarter. The Green and Gold continued onto the 82-55 victory after outscoring the Wildcats 16-14 in the fourth quarter.
- Keuka College has won 42 of 51 games against Cazenovia College, including the last five straight
- The Wolves have now won three straight at Cazenovia
- It was the 24th victory over the Wildcats in North Eastern Athletic Conference play
- Sarah Tyler set a new career-high with 13 points, going 6-7 from the field
- Sam Laranjo tied her career-high with 16 points in the win
- For the second straight game, Amanda Wood set a new career-high in scoring with 13 points
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves host Wells College on Tuesday, January 30 at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center. Keuka College played excellent defense in the earlier meeting with the Express, holding Wells to just 34 points in a 51-34 Keuka College victory.