MORRISVILLE, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team defeated Morrisville State College on the road 57-53 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division game.
Keuka College 57 at Morrisville State 53
Morrisville State jumped out to a 10-4 lead over the Wolves halfway through the first. The Green and Gold cut into the lead as Reighly Melochick knocked down a corner three in transition to make it 10-7. A three later in the quarter by Lauren Anten gave the Wolves an 11-10 lead. Keuka held Morrisville without a point for the final 5:42 of the quarter while going on a 13-0 run. The Wolves led 17-10 after the first quarter.
The two teams played an even second quarter. Keuka shot 40% from the floor and held the Mustangs to 29%, but Morrisville State made up the difference going 5-8 from the free throw line. Morrisville won the second 15-13, but the Wolves remained ahead 30-25 at the half.
Morrisville State narrowed the margin and tied the game at 34-34 with four minutes left in the third. On the next possession, Riley Record hit a corner three to give the Wolves the lead back. A three by the Mustangs tied the game again and Morrisville State would later take the lead. The Mustangs were poised to lead going into the fourth, but Reighly Melochick knocked down a late three to give Keuka a 44-42 lead going into the final quarter.
Once again, Morrisville State tied the game with a three-pointer halfway through the fourth, tying the game at 47-47. The teams would trade baskets and the game moved to the final minutes. Keuka College led 55-53 with two minutes left to play. Reighly Melochick had a big put-back basket for the Wolves, giving Keuka College a 57-53 lead with 19.4 seconds remaining. On the ensuing possession, the Wolves forced a turnover by Morrisville State. Keuka College held on for the 57-53 victory.
- Keuka College improves to 12-7 all-time against Morrisville State
- The Wolves snapped a four-game losing streak at Morrisville
- Keuka College hit six threes in the game, giving them 109 on the season, the ninth most in school history
- Seven blocks in the game for the Wolves gives them 64, also ninth most in school history
- Reighly Melochick moved into a tie for fourth on the Single Season Three Point list. The junior now has 48 this season
- Sarah Tyler surpassed 200 career rebounds with a career-high 10 rebound performance on Wednesday.
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves travel to Cazenovia College on Saturday to face one of their longest rivals. It will be the 51st meeting between the two schools in a series that started in the 1974-75 season. Overall, Keuka College has won 41 of the previous 50 meetings, including the last four games in a row.