COBLESKILL, N.Y. — Eleven difference players scored for Keuka College as the Wolves defeated SUNY Cobleskill 79-51 on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division matchup.
Keuka College 79 at SUNY Cobleskill 51
The Green and Gold came out firing against the Fighting Tigers on Saturday. The Wolves scored the first seven points of the game in 1:05 for the early lead. SUNY Cobleskill stayed in the quarter before Keuka College scored eight unanswered to make it 25-14. A three by Riley Record with 15 seconds left closed the quarter with Keuka College leading 28-16.
The hot shooting continued for Keuka College in the second quarter. Overall in the first half, the Wolves went 24-34 from the field, 70.6%. Lauren Anten led the attack with 12 points in the first half as Keuka College scored 52 points in the opening 20 minutes to lead 52-29 at the half.
Keuka College cooled in the third quarter, shooting just 3-16 from the field. However, the Wolves defense stepped up, allowing just two field goals by the Fighting Tigers in 13 tries. Keuka College maintained a 20-point lead throughout most of the third quarter. three by Brianna Legacy gave Keuka a 64-42 lead going into the fourth.
The Green and Gold used a 10-0 run midway through the fourth to increase their lead to 30 points. Keuka College continued on to the XX-XX conference victory
- Keuka College improves to 15-5 all-time against SUNY Cobleskill. The Wolves have won two straight meetings with the Fighting Tigers
- The 52 first half points by Keuka College outscored their game total in their win on Thursday over Wells College (51-34)
- Keuka College shot 50.7% from the field, a new season high, as was the 79 points scored for the Wolves
- Sarah Tyler tied her career-high with 12 points
- Reighly Melochick surpassed 100 career points in just her ninth career game for Keuka College
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will play one final game before entering their winter break. Keuka College will continue their road trip on Sunday at SUNY Delhi. The Wolves defeated the Broncos in the first ever meeting between the two schools last season.