KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Volleyball team swept Wilson College 3-0 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference match on Saturday afternoon at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
JP Nery led Keuka College (10-8, 2-3 NEAC) with 12 kills on Saturday. The offense worked through Kamren Record with 32 assists. Brad McKnight had seven kills for the Wolves and a .500 hitting percentage.
Keuka College 3 vs. Wilson College 1 – 25-19, 25-21, 25-16
Keuka College opened an 8-3 lead over Wilson College on Saturday. The Phoenix stayed within reach throughout the set, but Keuka never let the margin get any lower than four points. JP Nery ended it with a kill as the Wolves won the first 25-19.
The Wolves led early again the second, but the Phoenix came back to tie the set at 9-9. It would later be tied at 16-16. Wilson College took a 17-16 lead over the Wolves, but Keuka answered with five straight to regain the lead. Wilson cut the gap down to one at 22-21, but the Wolves closed it out with three straight points to win the second set 25-21 and take a 2-0 lead in the match.
The Green and Gold controlled the third set throughout as they took a 4-0 lead over the Phoenix and later extended it to a 12-3 lead. Keuka College ended the set and match with an ace by JJ Zwicklbauer as the Wolves won the set 25-16 and the match 3-0.
- Keuka College improves to 5-2 all-time against Wilson College
- It was the third time that the Wolves swept the Phoenix
- JP Nery's final kill was the 350th of his career. The junior passed Josh Makin for fifth on the career kills list at Keuka College
- Brad McKnight had seven kills and one error in 12 attempts. His .500 hitting percentage tied for fifth best in a three-set match in program history
- Kamren Record also found himself in the record book as he tied for seventh for most assists in a three set match
Up Next for Keuka College: Keuka College returns to action next weekend with a repeat of this weekend. The Green and Gold will first face Lancaster Bible on Friday night in Pennsylvania. The Wolves will then play a pair of matches on Saturday at Wilson College. Keuka will open against the Phoenix in an NEAC match and then face Penn St.-Altoona to close out the tri-match.