BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Volleyball team lost at D'Youville College in five sets on Saturday in a non-conference match.
Kamren Record facilitated the Keuka College (9-6) offense with 33 assists. Record also led from the service line with five aces. Gavin Record had 10 kills for the Wolves while Marcus Davic and JP Nery each finished with nine.
D'Youville College 3 vs. Keuka College 2 – 25-23, 15-25, 25-20, 22-25, 15-11
In an extremely tight first set, Keuka College took a 23-22 lead following a kill by Gavin Record. However, the Spartans got a kill of their own followed by a pair of Keuka errors to take the first set 25-23.
The Green and Gold responded in the second. Kamren Record has three aces as a part of a 6-0 run that created separation for the Wolves in the set. Gavin Record had a kill for the Wolves, ending the second set 25-15, leveling the match.
Tied 12-12, D'Youville College scored six straight points to take the lead in the third set. The Wolves strung five-straight points together late in the set, but it was not enough as D'Youville won the third 25-20.
Keuka college jumped to an 8-3 lead over the Spartans in the fourth set. D'Youville would work back into the set as it would be tied multiple times. Tied 20-20, Keuka got three straight. That would be the difference in the set as the Wolves won the fourth 25-22, forcing a fifth set.
In the nature of the match, the fifth set would be tied seven times. Keuka College forced the change-over at 8-7, but D'Youville scored three straight following the switch. The Spartans would get a kill in the end to win the fifth set 15-11 and the match 3-2.
- The all-time series between Keuka College and D'Youville College is now tied at 5-5
- The Wolves and Spartans have got to five sets four times in the series with D'Youville holding a 3-1 advantage in those matches
- Christian Nickerson had seven kills in the loss. The senior passed Jared Kucko for seventh on the career kills list at Keuka College
- Nickerson also set a new career-high and led Keuka with 11 digs in the match
- Kamren Record's five aces tied for the most in a five-set match in program history. Overall, the Wolves had seven aces in the match, also ranking in the top ten
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will remain on the road in Buffalo with a match on Sunday at Medaille College. Keuka College will be looking for their first-ever win against the Mavericks.