KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Volleyball team lost on Saturday in four sets to SUNY Poly in a North Eastern Athletic Conference match at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
Keuka College (4-10, 1-1 NEAC) was led by seniors Connor Gail and Alex Riley. Gail had a team-high 14 kills and Riley tied his career-high with 11. The offense worked through senior Chris Corcoran who finished with 33 assists.
SUNY Poly 3 at Keuka College 1 – 25-11, 25-22, 22-25, 25-16
Keuka College had a rough opening set against SUNY Poly on Saturday. The Wolves had just four kills to go with 10 errors as the Wildcats won the opener 25-11.
The Green and Gold rebounded and fought hard in the second set. There were 13 ties and the set and five lead changes. Keuka College had a 14-12 advantage in kills in the frame, but it was not enough as SUNY Poly won the set 25-22, taking a 2-0 lead in the match.
The Wolves used a four-point run in the middle of the third set to push their lead out to 15-9. Keuka did not trail in the set. A kill by Alex Riley gave the Wolves a 25-22 set victory to extend the match.
Keuka College took the early lead in the fourth set, but the Wildcats had an answer. Tied at 6-6, SUNY Poly scored five unanswered to take a lead in the set. They would not give the lead up as SUNY Poly continued onto the 25-16 victory, taking the match 3-1.
- The Wolves have lost their last six matches to the Wildcats and are 2-13 against SUNY Poly overall
- Keuka College has never defeated SUNY Poly at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center
- Keuka had a defensive advantage on Saturday 33-31 in digs and 8-5 in blocks
- Chris Corcoran surpassed 400 assists on the season, moving into fifth on the single season list at Keuka College. The senior already holds the second, third, and fourth place spots on the list
- Connor Gail passed Tom Campbell '16 for second on the all-time kills list at Keuka College. The senior now has 584 in his career
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves remain at home on Sunday, hosting Wells College in a North Eastern Athletic Conference match. The Wolves lost both matches last season to the Express. Keuka College will also host their annual Parents' and Senior Day celebration prior to the match.