Wilkes-Barre, Pa. — The Keuka College Men's Volleyball team swept the Wilkes University Tri-Match on Sunday. Keuka defeated New Jersey City University in four sets in the opener and then finished the day with a three-set victory over Wilkes.
Keuka College (4-8, 1-0 NEAC) was led by senior Connor Gail with a combined 31 kills on the day. JP Nery added 22 kills as Keuka College totaled 103 in the two matches. Chris Corcoran assisted on 77 of those 103 kills and Nick Cantando led Keuka with 19 digs.
Keuka College 3 vs. New Jersey City University 1 – 25-21, 25-19, 17-25, 25-22
The Wolves had a historic outing against the Gothic Knights, hitting a school-record 60 kills in the match. It was the most in a four-set match in school history and tied for the second most ever in any match. Keuka College had 16 kills in all three of their set victories as Keuka College defeated New Jersey City in four sets.
Keuka College 3 at Wilkes University 0 – 25-16, 25-22, 25-23
The offense for Keuka College kept rolling in the second match of the day. The Wolves opened the match with 16 kills and hit .481 in the first set. Set two and three were closer between the Wolves and the Colonels, but the offense stayed strong for Keuka. The Green and Gold had 11 kills in set two and 16 in set three as they would sweep the match against Wilkes.
- Keuka College improved to 3-0 all-time against New Jersey City University
- Sunday was the first ever meeting between Keuka College and Wilkes University
- Keuka College posted the second-best hitting percentage in a four-set match in program history
- Chris Corcoran's 38 assists against Wilkes was the second most in a three-set match in Keuka College history
- Corcoran also had six aces, giving him 46 in his career, tying Josh Makin '16 for fourth most all-time
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will return home this weekend, hosting the Keuka College Invitational. Keuka College will face Wells College on Friday in a non-conference matchup and then host Purchase and Southern Vermont on Saturday.