KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Men's Volleyball team defeated Bard College in straight sets on Sunday on Parents' and Senior Day at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
Keuka College (9-15, 4-12 NEAC) was led by Pat Dillon. Making his first start of the year, Dillon had a team-high and career-high eight kills. Connor Gail had six kills and Christian Nickerson finished with five. Senior Spencer Avery had four kills and five digs in his final game for Keuka College.
Keuka College 3 (25, 25, 25) vs. Bard College 0 (15, 17, 15)
Keuka College controlled the play early on against the Raptors. The Green and Gold had 10 kills against just three errors in the opening set. The Wolves cruised to the 25-15 first set victory. Keuka College built a lead again in the second set. Keuka led by as many as seven in the set as the defeated Bard 25-17 to take a 2-0 lead in the match. The Wolves built a 17-6 lead in the third and final set. The Green and Gold had 11 kills in the frame. A kill by senior Spencer Avery closed the match as the Wolves won the third set 25-15 and the match 3-0.
Cleaner Living: After setting a season-low last game with 12 errors against Nazareth, the Wolves improved on that with just 11 against Bard College. It was the fewest team errors in a match since the 2015 season.
- Keuka College improves to 2-1 all-time against Bard College. The Wolves have won the last two meetings
- The Wolves finished the season with a 9-15 record, matching their record in the 2014 season
- Keuka's six wins at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center was the third most in program history
- The Wolves finished with a .157 hitting percentage, third most in program history
- Nick Cantando finished the season with 195 digs, sixth most in a season ever for Keuka College