READING, Pa. — The Keuka College Men's Soccer team defeated Penn St.-Berks 1-0 on the road on in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game.
Keuka College 1 at Penn St.-Berks 0
Both teams battled for possession early on Friday afternoon. It would be the Wolves who pulled ahead first as the Green and Gold took advantage of a corner kick in the 13th minute. Damian Rutan sent the corner kick in and found the head of Seth Spurgeon who nodded it home for the 1-0 lead. The Wolves controlled possession for a majority of the remainder of the first half. Ryan Mavretish was called upon for one save in the frame as Keuka College carried a 1-0 lead into halftime.
Midway through the second half, Penn St.-Berks had a consistent run of possession. The Nittany Lions had three corner kicks within a two-minute span, but were never able to turn the opportunity into a shot on goal. In the 84th minute, Berks put a shot off the post and then put the rebound wide. The home team got a final attempt with 18 seconds left on a corner kick, but were unable to generate a shot as the Wolves defeated the Nittany Lions 1-0 on Friday.
- The Wolves improve to 17-1-1 all-time against Penn St.-Berks
- The Green and Gold withstood the Nittany Lion attack as the hosts had an 8-6 advantage in shots and 6-5 lead in corners
- It was the sixth goal of the season for Seth Spurgeon, tying of the team lead
- Ryan Mavretish earned his 12th win in goal in his career, tying Eric Carpenter for seventh on the career list
- Friday was the first road victory of the season for Keuka College
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves close the regular season on Saturday, looking to maintain their hold on the final playoff spot in the NEAC. Keuka College will travel to Williamsport, Pa. to face Penn College at 1pm on Saturday.