KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — After falling behind 1-0, the Keuka College Men's Soccer team scored six straight goals to defeat Wells College 6-1 on Wednesday afternoon.
Keuka College 6 vs. Wells College 1
The visitors wasted no time getting on the board. The took the opening kickoff, sent a long ball, and connected with a forward behind the Keuka defense for the 1-0 lead 10 seconds into the game. The Wolves settled play and tied the game 3:32 into play as Jared Burns charged down the left side and found Joshua Card in the box. Card beat the keeper to the far post to make it 1-1. 15 minutes later, Burns was pulled down in the box, awarding a penalty to the Wolves. Joshua Card stepped up and buried the spot kick for the 2-1 advantage. Keuka added to their lead in the 35th minute. A free kick was sent into the box and found Claude Tuyishimire at the back post. The senior nodded it back towards the penalty spot and found Seth Spurgeon for the goal as the Wolves led 3-1 at the half.
The Green and Gold continued to dictate play in the second half, but it took until midway through the frame for the Wolves to get back on the board. Jared Burns would net a pair of goals for the Wolves, including an impressive free kick from a sharp angle to extend the lead to 5-1. Connor Thorpe put a bow on the game in the 88th minute as he took a cross from Jordan Miller and flicked the ball in the goal while doing a 360 spin as the Wolves defeated the Express 6-1 on Wednesday.
- Keuka College improves to 10-3-2 against Wells and extended their win streak over the Express to three games
- The Wolves held a 34-4 advantage in shots
- It was the second time in Joshua Card's career that he scored a pair of goals in a game. His conversion from the penalty spot was the third penalty kick of his career, tying him for second-most in program history
- Jared Burns' five-point night sets a new career-high. It was the first time in his career that he scored two goals in a single game
- Seth Spurgeon extended his goal-scoring streak as the sophomore has now found the back of the net in three straight games.
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold face a tough test on Saturday. Keuka College will host Morrisville State as a part of Green and Gold Celebration Weekend. The Mustangs have won the last eight meetings between the two schools, with Keuka's last victory coming in the 2010 NEAC Quarterfinals.