KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Lacrosse team topped Elmira College by the score of 18-2 on Saturday in a non-conference game at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Craig Gerhardt led Keuka College (2-0) with five goals against the Soaring Eagles. Andrew Burns scored four for the Wolves and Kasey Olsen added three in the win. Helping to facilitate the offense was sophomore Mark Shattuck who finished with a team-high four assists.
Keuka College 18 vs. Elmira College 2
The Wolves got out to an early lead against Elmira College on Saturday. Keuka College scored the first four goals of the game, capped by a man-down goal by Kasey Olsen and a man-up tally by Craig Gerhardt. Elmira got one back before the end of the frame, but Keuka College led 4-1 after the first.
The two teams traded goals in the opening minutes of the second. There was an eight-minute scoreless drought in the middle of the second quarter. Gerhardt snapped the drought with a goal with 3:17 left in the half. That sparked a 4-0 run for Keuka College before the break as the Wolves led 9-2 at the half.
Keuka College put the game away in the second half. Five different players scored for Keuka College in the third quarter as the Wolves totaled eight goals in the period. The Green and Gold limited Elmira to just one shot that was wide of goal in the third as Keuka led 17-2 going to the final quarter.
- Keuka College has now won five straight against Elmira College, but the Soaring Eagles still lead the all-time series 13-11
- The Wolves have won five straight home openers at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex
- The 18 goals scored by Keuka College was the most ever for the Wolves in the 24-game series with Elmira
- Keuka had a 42-20 advantage in groundballs on Saturday
- Kasey Olsen's three goals were the first three of his career in a Keuka College uniform
- Jake Carlson won 14 of 17 faceoffs on Saturday
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold have a week off to prepare for the College at Brockport next weekend. The Wolves and the Golden Eagles will faceoff at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex at 1pm. Brockport defeated Keuka College 18-7 last season. The Wolves have not defeated the Golden Eagles since the 2014 season and are 5-9 overall.