KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Men's Lacrosse team defeated Medaille College 22-3 on Wednesday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College (4-3, 2-0 NEAC) had 13 different players score a goal. The Wolves were led by Craig Gerhardt. The freshman had four goals and a pair of assists. Fellow freshman Connor Tifft netted his first career goal as a part of a hat trick. Also with multi-goal games for Keuka was Alex Zielke, Marco Carney, Mark Shattuck, and Robby Miller, each finished with a pair of goals in the win.
Keuka College 22 vs. Medaille College 3
The Wolves took control of the game early, scoring three goals in the opening five minutes of action. Keuka College outshot the Mavericks 24-2 in the quarter and led 9-0 after the opening 15 minutes. The Green and Gold extended their lead to 12-0 in the second before Medaille got on the board. Keuka responded with three more before Medaille added one at the close of the half. Keuka College led 15-2 at the break The Wolves outscored the Mavericks 5-0 in the third quarter and 2-1 in the fourth on their way to the 22-3 conference victory.
Career Firsts: Four players for Keuka College registered their first career goal on Wednesday. Connor Tifft scored three in the game and Alex Zielke and Robby Miller each scored a pair. Junior Garrett Stonewell scored at the end of the third quarter. It was his first goal in his 28th career game.
- Keuka College improves to 21-2 all-time against Medaille College. The Wolves have won the last nine matchups
- The Wolves are 8-1 against the Mavericks in the North Eastern Athletic Conference
- The win was Head Coach Jason Paige's 50th NEAC victory of his career
- The +19 margin of victory tied for 7th best in school history
- Keuka College's 66 shots were the second most in a game in program history
- Robert Brooks went a career-best 12-18 from the faceoff spot
- Goalie Jacob Wood made eight saves in 23 minutes of relief duty. He now has 175 for his career, passing Todd Morgan '97 for 7th all-time
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves are on the road this weekend with an NEAC game at Cazenovia College on Saturday. The Wolves defeated the Wildcats in the conference semi-finals last season.