STEVENS, Pa. — Keuka College freshman Ryan Murrelle became the first golfer in program history to be named North Eastern Athletic Conference Rookie of the Year.
The freshman led the Keuka College Men's Golf team as the Wolves finished in sixth place at the 2019 North Eastern Athletic Conference Championship at Foxchase Golf Club in Pennsylvania. The Wolves improved on their day one score, shooting a 341 on Sunday, to finished with a total score of 699, +123 over par.
North Eastern Athletic Conference Championship – Round Two, Par 72
Lead Wolf: Sunday was a much easier scoring day for the field and Murrelle took advantage. He shaved nine strokes off his score, two better than the field average, in shooting a 78. He finished with a 165, tying for 12th and earning himself Third Team All-Conference as well as Rookie of the Year.
Rest of the Pack: 24. AJ Hranek – 176 (84-92), +32
t28. Luke Labuski – 180 (93-87), +36
32. Clayton Chandler – 182 (94-88), +38
33. Greg Palermo – 185 (97-88), +41
- Ryan Murrelle is the first to earn NEAC Rookie of the Year as the top first-year finisher at the NEAC Championship from Keuka College
- He is also the first golfer to earn All-North Eastern Athletic Conference since Nic Romano at the 2016 NEAC Championship
- AJ Hranek passed Tyler Hoosier for the fourth most wins against the field in a career in program history
- Ryan Murrelle passed Josh Robinson for third on the single-season wins list against the field. The freshman has defeated 302 other golfers during his first year with the Wolves
- It was also the first NEAC Championship for freshman Greg Palermo. He finished the weekend strong with a career-low 88 on Sunday, completing the first two-round tournament of his career