COBLESKILL, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Golf team had an impressive debut in their first tournament of the season.
Keuka College placed second in the eight-team field with a 328. The Wolves shot a combined +48 in the tournament.
SUNY Cobleskill Jug Classic – Par 70
Lead Wolves: Teammates Ryan Murrelle and AJ Hranek each tied for third in the tournament, shooting a 79. It was the first collegiate tournament for Murrelle and the round set a new career-high for Hranek.
Rest of the Pack: t7. Luke Labuski – 81, +11
32. Clayton Chandler – 89, +19
t33. Flynn Scheib – 90, +20
43. Greg Palermo – 95, +25
- The second place finish by the Wolves was the best in the SUNY Cobleskill Jug Classic, dating back to the 2013-14 season
- The team's 328 was just one stroke off the school's best performance at the Cobleskill Golf & Country Club
- Keuka's second place finish was the best finish by the team in the last five seasons
- It was the first time that AJ Hranek shot in the 70s in his collegiate career. The t3 finish sets a new career-best for the junior
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return home next Wednesday for the Keuka College Fall Invitational. Keuka will faceoff against 10 other schools in a one-round tournament at Lakeside Country Club in Penn Yan.