OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Keuka College Men's Golf team finished in seventh place over the weekend at the Oswego State Fall Invitational at Oswego Country Club.
The Wolves shot a 732 for the tournament. They opened with a 375 in round one. Keuka then shaved 18 strokes off their game and shot a 357 in round two to finish in seventh place in the eight team field.
Oswego State Fall Invitational – Par 71 (2 rounds)
Lead Wolf: Senior Ryan Piersimoni shot ten strokes better on Sunday to improve his score and finish in a tie for 15th place. He opened the tournament with an 88, but shot a +7, 78 on Sunday for a 166 total score, tying his career-best score to par in a two-round tournament with a +24.
Rest of the Pack: t29. Lucas Labuski – 176 (88-88), +34
35. AJ Hranek – 185 (92-93), +43
38. Chris Ellerson – 206 (107-99), +64
39. Michael Smolinsky – 207 (109-98), +65
- Lucas Labuski had a career tournament for Keuka College. The junior shot a +17, 88 in both rounds, setting a new career-low. That led to a new career-best tournament score of a +34, 176
- Michael Smolinsky set a new career-best with his 98 in round two
- This weekend was the first collegiate tournament for Chris Ellerson
Coming up for Keuka College: This was the final fall tournament for the Keuka College Men's Golf team. They will return to action in April 2018 with the spring season culminating in the North Eastern Athletic Conference Championship.