AURORA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team earned an 85-77 road North Eastern Athletic Conference win at Wells College on Saturday.
Keuka College 85 at Wells College 77
Keuka College took the lead at 2-0 on a jumper by James Barnes and never looked back. The Wolves would lead the duration of the game on Saturday. Back-to-back threes by Matthew Ciezki and Elijah Smalls gave Keuka a double-digit lead. Achraf Sadouk later hit a three to make it 30-14. The 16-point advantage would be the largest of the afternoon for the Wolves. Wells drew the game back to single digits, but the Wolves led 44-35 at the half.
The Express continued to fight. A three-point play capped an 8-0 run for the hosts as Wells tied the game at 49-49 with 14:36 left to play. At the other end of the floor, Nolan Ivey sank a pair of free throws to give the lead back to the Wolves. The game would stay close with Wells cutting it to a single possession multiple times, but Keuka would not allow the game to become tied again. The Green and Gold would see the game out as Keuka earned the 85-77 road conference victory.
- The Wolves improve to 8-17 all-time against Wells College
- The two teams have alternated season sweeps the past three seasons. Keuka College won both of the games this season. Wells took both meetings last year, and the Wolves won the two before that in 2017-18
- As a team, Keuka went 30-39 from the free throw line. It was the first time Keuka made 30 free throws in a game since January 2017 and ties for the fourth most in a game in program history
- Nolan Ivey led the way for Keuka at the line, going 9-12. The sophomore recorded all nine of his points from the line and did not attempt a field goal during the game. Ivey also led Keuka with nine rebounds
- James Barnes went 7-9 from the line. The junior now has 90 free throws on the season, second most in the NEAC. Barnes jumped up the single-season list at Keuka, including passing his previous career-best, and now sits at fifth on the single-season free throw list
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return home for a rematch with SUNY Poly on Wednesday. The Wildcats defeated Keuka College in Marcy, N.Y. earlier this season.