KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team lost 83-64 to the College of St. Elizabeth on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game.
The Wolves were led by Trevor Powell with 17 points. Ryder Mansfield finished with a double-double for Keuka College (7-8, 4-4 NEAC). The senior had 11 points and 12 rebounds in the loss. Guard David Oliveras added 10 points and seven assists for Keuka.
College of St. Elizabeth 83 at Keuka College 64
The Eagles scored quickly as they took the opening tip and hit a layup seven seconds into the game. St. Elizabeth came out firing as they knocked down five three-pointers in the opening five minutes to build a 21-7 lead over the Wolves. A 12-0 run by the Eagles midway through the half pushed their lead to 37-12, but the Wolves continued to fight. Over the last 10 minutes, Keuka outscored St. Elizabeth 17-8. The half was capped as Ryder Mansfield knocked down a corner three for Keuka, but St. Elizabeth led 45-29 at the break.
The Wolves would continue to fight to cut into the lead. Early in the second, they got it down to 12 points, but the Eagles created distance again. Multiple times in down the stretch, Keuka College would cut the lead to 10, but each time St. Elizabeth had an answer. The lead would never get down to single digits as the Wolves fell on Saturday 83-64.
- Saturday was the second-ever meeting between the two schools. The all-time series is now at 1 game apiece
- St. Elizabeth finished the game 46% from three, hitting 13 overall
- The Wolves had a slight advantage in rebounding, grabbing 41 to the Eagles' 38
- Trevor Powell finished with eight rebounds for Keuka. He passed former teammates Casey Williams and Cliff Stevens for fifth on the career rebounding list
- Seven assists for David Oliveras tied his career-high
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will return to the NEAC North Division this Wednesday as they travel to Marcy, N.Y. to face SUNY Poly. Keuka College defeated the Wildcats 72-69 earlier in the season. Tipoff is set for 7pm.