KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team lost on Saturday in their regular season finale to Cazenovia College by the score of 70-61 at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center.
On senior day, senior Cliff Stevens delivered a double-double for Keuka College (11-12, 9-7 NEAC) with 18 points and 13 rebounds. He was the only played in double figures for the Wolves. Fellow senior Dylan Doupe contributed 10 rebounds for Keuka in the loss.
Cazenovia College 70 at Keuka College 61
Keuka College took an early lead, but an 8-0 run by the Wildcats gave Cazenovia a 10-5 advantage. The Wildcats would not give up the lead the rest of the game. The Wildcats led by as many as 17 points in the first half. Despite Keuka College having a 23-14 advantage in rebounding, Cazenovia forced 11 Keuka turnovers which led to 14 Wildcat points. Cazenovia led 39-23 at the half.
The Wolves fought to get back into the game. A three-pointer by Greg Tyler cut the lead down to 11 at 39-28 with 16 minutes left to play. The Wolves were able to get it down to a 10-point lead in the final minutes and a late basket in the final seconds created a single digit margin, but Cazenovia College held onto a 70-61 North Eastern Athletic Conference victory over Keuka College.
- Keuka College is now 27-22 all-time against Cazenovia College
- The Wolves have lost three straight at home to the Wildcats
- Keuka held a +15 advantage in rebounding in the game
- Cazenovia was able to turn Keuka College turnovers into points on Saturday, outscoring the Wolves 22-5 off turnovers
- Cliff Stevens surpassed the 700-point plateau for his career
- It was the fifth double-double of his career for Stevens
Up Next for Keuka College: Saturday ended the regular season for the Wolves. Keuka College finished as the third seed in the North Division of the North Eastern Athletic Conference. Keuka will travel to SUNY Poly on Tuesday to face the #2 seeded Wildcats. SUNY Poly defeated the Wolves in both meetings earlier this season.