CAZENOVIA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team scored 58 points in the second half to come from behind and lead them to a 91-81 conference victory at Cazenovia College.
Dylan Doupe scored 24 of his career-high 26 points in the second half for Keuka College (8-9, 6-4 NEAC). He was one of four players to have double figure scoring on Saturday. Greg Tyler and Trevor Powell each scored 19 points. Powell added a game-high 11 rebounds for the double-double. Rounding out the scoring for the Wolves was senior Cliff Stevens with 13 points in the win.
Keuka College 91 at Cazenovia College 81
The two teams played a very even first half on Saturday afternoon as Keuka College shot 42.3% from the field while Cazenovia College shot 41.7%. Cazenovia College never had any large run in the half, but they used multiple four and five point spurts to build a lead. The Wildcats led 39-33 at the break.
Keuka College came out strong in the second half, scoring the first six points of the frame to tie the game two minutes into the second. The Wildcats responded and used a small run to build a 54-47 lead. Dylan Doupe made a layup with 13:39 left to play to make it 54-49. Keuka took a timeout and organized a run. That layup sparked an 11-0 run for the Wolves as Keuka College took a 58-54 lead. With five minutes left, Cazenovia took a 67-66 lead, but the Wolves answered with seven unanswered. Keuka College did not look back. The Green and Gold went 22-23 from the free throw line in the second half to hold onto the 91-81 North Eastern Athletic Conference victory.
- Keuka College improves to 27-21 all-time against Cazenovia College
- It was the first win since the 2014-15 season against Cazenovia, snapping a four-game losing streak to the Wildcats
- The 58 points in the second half was the third most points scored in a half in program history
- 29 made free throws for the Wolves ranks in a tie for fifth most all-time
- Trevor Powell recorded the fifth double-double of his career
- The career-high 26 points for Dylan Doupe is tied for the most points scored by any Keuka College player this season
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return home on Tuesday where they start a run five home games in the final six games of the regular season. Keuka College hosts Wells College on January 30. The Green and Gold defeated the Express 74-70 earlier this season in Aurora, N.Y.