Wolves Earn First Victory of the Season in Overtime

Wolves Earn First Victory of the Season in Overtime

COBLESKILL, N.Y. – The Keuka College Men's Basketball team outscored SUNY Cobleskill 10-4 in overtime as they defeated the Fighting Tigers 84-78 on Saturday.

Keuka College (1-5, 1-1 NEAC) faces SUNY Poly on Sunday to conclude their North Eastern Athletic Conference weekend.

Cliff Stevens led Keuka with a career-high 22 points. He also grabbed 10 rebounds in the game. Fellow junior Dylan Doupe recorded the first double-double of the season for Keuka College with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Overall, Keuka had five players score 10 or more points. Trevor Powell had 16 points and Greg Tyler and Cameron Winston each added 10.

Cliff Stevens made the first two shots of the afternoon for Keuka College, both three points, as a part of an 8-0 run by the Wolves to start the game. Keuka College would grow their lead to 10 points, 15-5, but the Fighting Tigers responded. An 11-2 spurt by Cobleskill narrowed the margin to one point. SUNY Cobleskill was later able to tie the game, but each time Keuka had an answer. A late six point run, capped by a layup by Trevor Powell pushed Keuka's lead back to seven with two minutes left. At the half, the Wolves led the Fighting Tigers 38-33.

Keuka College had another hot start, scoring the first seven points in the second half to grow their lead to 45-33. The 12 point margin was the largest of the game. SUNY Cobleskill responded with a run of their own. After nine unanswered points, the difference was back to three points. Keuka remained ahead of SUNY Cobleskill until three minutes left. The Fighting Tigers had an 11-3 run, giving them a 68-67 lead with three minutes left. The Wolves responded as Stevens knocked down a pair of free throws. Cobleskill tied it up going to the final minute. Three times Keuka College went 1-2 from the line in an attempt to close out the game. The three point margin would be erased as SUNY Cobleskill hit a running three in the final seconds to force overtime with the game tied 74-74.

Twice SUNY Cobleskill took a one-point lead in the extra period, but the deficit would be quickly erased by Keuka. A layup by Cliff Stevens with under two minutes left to play gave Keuka a 79-78 lead, a lead they would not relinquish. The Wolves held SUNY Cobleskill just 2-8 from the floor in overtime as Keuka College continued onto the 84-78 conference victory.