LANCASTER, Pa. — The Keuka College Field Hockey team moved to 2-0 in North Eastern Athletic Conference play as the Wolves defeated Lancaster Bible College 3-1 on the road on Friday.
Keuka College 3 at Lancaster Bible College 1
The Wolves controlled possession in the first quarter. Keuka College had seven penalty corners in the opening frame, but were only able to muster two shots, neither of which were on goal as the game remained scoreless after the first.
Both teams had opportunities in the second off of corners, however it was the Lancaster Bible corner that led to the Keuka chance. Following the restart by the Chargers, the Wolves gained possession and worked it down the field. 33 seconds after the corner, Alyssa Muszak fed Nicole Wilson for the goal and the 1-0 lead. The Wolves would carry that lead into halftime.
In the third quarter, Lancaster Bible College took advantage of their only shot on goal in the game as the Chargers hit it in off of a jumble in the middle of the circle to level the game. The lead would be short lived as Wilson scored her second of the game less than four minutes later to regain the advantage as Keuka led 2-1 going to the fourth quarter.
Keuka College put the game away in the fourth quarter. The Wolves made it 3-1, taking advantage of another corner. Taylor Lessard inserted the ball to Adele Fairbrother. Fairbrother laid the ball off to Makaela Mills. The freshman's long shot made it through and into the back of the cage. Keuka College saw the game out as the Wolves earned the 3-1 road conference victory.
- Keuka College improves to 2-0 all-time against Lancaster Bible College
- The Wolves are undefeated in their last five North Eastern Athletic Conference games, seven including the past two NEAC Championships
- The pair of goals by Wilson gives her 20 in her career. It also marked the 54 point of her career, tying Alyssa Orsino '19 for the most in program history
- It was the third assist of Adele Fairbrother's career, moving her into solo seventh on the Keuka College career list
- Kiera Fahey made her first collegiate start in goal for Keuka College and earned her first win
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will play their final North Eastern Athletic Conference game of the regular season next Saturday as the Green and Gold hosts Wells College on October 19. The Wolves and the Express will start at 3pm at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.