BROCKPORT, N.Y. — The Keuka College Field Hockey team lost at the College at Brockport by the score of 4-1 on Tuesday night.
College at Brockport 4 vs. Keuka College 1
Brockport came out quick, scoring 1:43 into the game for the early lead. Keuka College would settle the game control the ball for a duration of the quarter. The Wolves outshot the Golden Eagles 4-2 in the quarter and held a 6-0 advantage in penalty corners. With two minutes left in the quarter, freshman Makaela Mills passed the ball from the right to Nicole Wilson in front. Wilson beat the keeper on the left side to tie the game at 1-1.
The Golden Eagles attacked back in the second quarter. They netted a pair of goals while out-shooting Keuka College 9-1. The College at Brockport carried a 3-1 lead into the halftime break.
The Wolves carried the momentum out of halftime as the Green and Gold held Brockport without a shot in the third. Keuka College had good opportunities with four corners in the frame. Unfortunately for the Wolves, none of their three shots made it to goal as the game went to the fourth 3-1.
Keuka attempted to mount a comeback in the fourth, but Brockport stopped any charge with a goal midway through the frame. The College at Brockport would continue on to the 4-1 victory.
- Keuka College falls to 0-5 against the College at Brockport
- Brockport is one of four non-NEAC teams, along with Elmira College, Oswego State, and SUNY Geneseo, that Keuka has faced in each year of having the field hockey program
- The goal by Wilson was the first of the season and 16 of her career. The junior sits in second on the career-scoring list at Keuka College
- Makaela Mills earned the first point of her collegiate career with her assist on Wilson's goal
- Senior goalie Kassidy Valentine was named North Eastern Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week on Tuesday afternoon
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves conclude their opening stretch of four games in five days with this home-opener on Wednesday at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex. The Green and Gold will welcome the Highlanders of Houghton College to their home turf.