KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Field Hockey team completed a perfect 3-0 season in the North Eastern Athletic Conference on Thursday by defeated Lancaster Bible College 8-0 at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
It was also senior day for Keuka College (5-9, 3-0 NEAC) and the trio played a big role in the game. Alyssa Orsino scored three goals to pace the Wolves. Darian Hurwitz had a pair of assists and Madison St. Onge added an assist as well in the win.
Keuka College 8 vs. Lancaster Bible College 0
After a scoreless first fifteen minutes of play, the Wolves took the lead over the Chargers. Off of a corner, Keuka looked for Darian Hurwitz on the right post. The pass skipped over the stick, but the senior collected the ball on the end line. She passed it back into the middle to Rielly Albee. Albee beat the keeper for the 1-0 advantage. In the final minutes of the first half, Alyssa Orsino found the back of the goal twice to give the Wolves a 3-0 lead at the half.
Orsino completed the hat trick seven minutes into the second half as she took a pass from Albee and beat the goalie for her third goal of the game. The Wolves would continue to pour on the offense in the second half. Madison St. Onge set up Nicole Wilson for a goal and Alyssa Muszak scored the first of her career. The scoring was capped with tallies by Tori Gutzmer and Lexi Appleby as the Wolves defeated the Chargers 8-0.
Alyssa Orsino scores for the Wolves
Orsino gets her second of the game
- Thursday was the first ever meeting between Keuka College and Lancaster Bible College in field hockey
- The win was the fifth of the season for Keuka, tying the school record set by the 2017 team. Keuka's third NEAC win set a new program record as well
- With her second hat trick of the season, Alyssa Orsino has scored 10 goals on the campaign, setting a new single season record for Keuka College
- The assists by Darian Hurwitz were the first points of her 52-game career with the Wolves
- Aphiwe Joyisa played the first half in goal for Keuka College, earning her first collegiate victory
Up Next for Keuka College: The Keuka College Field Hockey team will close the 2018 regular season next Tuesday as they travel to Oswego State to face the Lakers. The Wolves fell at home to the Lakers 4-2 last season.